I am on a healthy eating kick right now. Okay, I am on a healthy eating kick some days…mainly breakfast because it’s the easiest meal to stick to stuff you should be eating. PROTEIN. PROTEIN. FRUIT/VEGGIES. PROTEIN.
This recipe is so easy, just takes a little time to make. Plan to spend 30-40min making this. It is SOOO worth it though! These stuffed peppers were so delish!!! Even though they do take some time, you can store any leftovers in the fridge for the next day or double the recipe and store in the fridge :).
- 2 Green peppers (you can use any peppers)
- Jimmy Dean turkey sausage 3/4c
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the over to 400
- cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds
- Bake peppers for 15min
- While peppers are baking, chop the tomatoes and cook the sausage in frying pan for 6-8min
- When peppers are ready, add in sausage, tomatoes and an egg in each pepper
- Cook for 15-20min (depending on how you like your egg cooked)
(You don’t have to limit the fillers to tomatoes, eggs and sausage. These peppers can be made with spinach, kale, left over peppers, ham, cheese, etc. )
Hope you enjoy!!